We have been vacationing at Walt Disney World since our honeymoon in 2010. Since then we’ve gone to Walt Disney World a total of 7 times. Each of these vacations we staying at a Walt Disney World resort. We love to stay on property because of the easy transportation, the fantastic dining, the pools and the incredible service. Even though there are dozens of resorts to choose from, there are a few we’ve vacationed at more than once. We’ve listed them here with our reasons why we keep going back again and again.
Boulder Ridge at Wilderness Lodge
Boulder Ridge is the Disney Vacation Club part of Wilderness Lodge and is home to Deluxe Studios, 1-Bedroom Villas and 2-Bedroom Villas. We have stayed here twice. Our first visit we stayed on the main floor with a view of the front of the resort, on our second we visit we stayed on the top floor with the view of the lake. Find out here how to get the best rooms at Disney World resorts.
- Location. Wilderness Lodge is a boat ride away from the Magic Kingdom, one of my favourite parks. It’s also a boat ride away from the Contemporary Resort and Fort Wilderness Resort which gives you more choices for dining.
- Dining. Each of the restaurants here are superb. The Whispering Canyon Cafe has a homey feel with fun service, plentiful and delicious food. Storybook Dining at Artist Point has signature quality food with characters. Having great restaurants within your resort is always a bonus.
- Theming. This resort is pacific western feel. The main lodge is a humungous wooden lodge, with a brook running right through it. This theming spills out onto the grounds, with a huge geyser, wooden bridges and large evergreens.
Boardwalk Inn & Villas
Boardwalk Inn & Villas is found on Crescent Lake, walking distance to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. We stayed here back in 2012 on our runDisney Goofy Challenge vacation and then again in 2018 to celebrate our daughter’s 5th birthday. Here are the reasons we continue to come back to this resort:
- Location. Being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is a huge time saver. You don’t have to wait for transportation, you can leave at your leisure and you can head back to your resort with much more ease.
- Dining. Boardwalk Inn & Villas has neighbouring resorts which means the amount of dining you have is tripled. There’s another character dining restaurant right across the water, there’s a signature restaurant right across the water, plus you’ve got fantastic dining at your own resort. Trattoria al Forno has both an incredible character breakfast and a fantastic Italian dinner menu. The Bakery has delicious items for breakfast, lunch or a sweet treat. You don’t have to go beyond your own resort to eat a delicious meal.
- Boardwalk. The Boardwalk Inn & Villas has its very own Boardwalk, reminiscent of Atlantic City in the 20s. The Boardwalk has nightly entertainment, a dance hall, a few lounges and midway games. There is so much to do and see at night on the Boardwalk.
Saratoga Spring is a Disney Springs resort. It’s on the Lake Buena Vista golf course and is a Disney Vacation Club resort. There are deluxe studios, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and 3-bedroom villas. They also have unique treehouse villas. We have stayed at Saratoga Springs the most as it is our home resort for the Disney Vacation Club. We continue to come back to this resort for these reasons:
- Pools. Saratoga Springs has 4 pools, two of these have waterslides, three of the pools have water play areas. It’s a great place to spend days playing in the pool. You can wander all over the resort checking out each of the unique pools. There’s the High Rock Spring Pool with its 128 foot long waterslide, kiddie water slide and zero-depth pool entry. There’s the Paddock Pool with its 146 foot long waterslide. The Grandstand pool has a water play area that looks like horse stalls to compliment the theming of the resort.
- Quiet. Saratoga Springs is away from the theme parks. It’s close to Disney Springs, the shopping district. Because it’s a lesser known resort with less dining not many guests are coming to check out the resort. All of this creates a quieter more relaxed atmosphere. This allows for days away from the parks that are at a different pace than the park days.
- Home. Because this is where we own a piece of Disney World it truly feels like coming home for us. We know the resort so well, know which buildings we prefer, which areas we like to spend time in. We feel comfortable here.
Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Bay Lake Tower is in view of the Magic Kingdom and is connected to the Contemporary Resort by a pedway. This resort has a pathway to the Magic Kingdom or you can hop on the monorail to get to the Magic Kingdom or change over to Epcot. We’ve stayed here twice. Once on a couple’s night away on a family vacation, the other when we brought my sister and brother-in-law to Disney back in 2013. Here’s why we’ve returned to this resort:
- Monorail. Being on the monorail is so cool! It’s so much cooler than jumping on a bus! To have access to the monorail as your resort transportation is stellar. This is a big reason, we’ve loved to stay here.
- Jeff’s Favourite. Jeff loved our first stay here and to celebrate his birthday we stayed a night here. It seemed like the best way to celebrate.
- The View. Bay Lake Tower is tall and each room has a spectacular view. There are theme park views, garden views, lake views.
Thus far we’ve stayed at Disney’s Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge – Kidani Village, Grand Floridian and those listed above. There are still so many resorts to discover but we do love to go back to the ones we know and love. We’ll see where we stay next.